Click on any of the application examples listed below to learn more:
- Light element analysis with the IMS 7f-Auto
Alloys & superalloys
- Microstructural characterization of a ferritic superalloy with LEAP 3D Atom Probe
- Characterization of grain boundaries in metals & alloys with LEAP 3D Atom Probe
- Investigation of phase separation processes with 3D Atom Probe
- Manganese segregation in steel with EPMA
- Light element mapping at high spatial resolution in Ni-based superalloy with FEG- EPMA
- Study of segregation & diffusion in polycrystalline materials with the NanoSIMS
- R&D and process control of LED devices with the CAMECA IMS 7f-Auto
- Analysis of magnetostrictive multilayers with 3D Atom Probe
- Trace element mapping: small area analysis in Sn/Cu wire structure with the IMS 7f-Auto
- Elemental analysis of contamination in PV Si feedstock with the IMS 7f-Auto
World leading instruments for materials research...
For more than half a century, the CAMECA instruments have served scientific discovery and supported industrial innovation in material sciences. Instruments like the SXFive electron probe microanalyzers, our magnetic sector SIMS IMS 7f-Auto and NanoSIMS 50L, our quadrupole ion microprobe SIMS 4550 and our 3D Atom Probe LEAP 5000 have been widely used in metallurgy (coatings, multilayers, segregation, corrosion, contamination, precipitates, light elements...), ceramics and glasses, composite materials... New applications include the optimization of PV cells. Shielded instruments like the Shielded EPMA and the IMS 7fR are specifically designed and customized for the analysis of radioactive samples.